To book an appointment today, please contact:
Boston Back Bay: 617-202-9986
Information for New Patients:
Dr. Zheng is currently accepting new patients. If this is your first visit, please fill out the following forms and bring them with you on your appointment date:
Before coming in, please consider the following:
Initial allergy evaluations may require an allergy skin test. Please refrain from taking any antihistamines 1 week before your visit.
Common over the counter or prescription oral antihistamines include:
- Patanol or Pataday (Olopatadine) eye drops
- Tylenol PM
- Vistaril/Atarx (Hydroxyzine)
- Zyrtec (Cetirizine)
- Optivar (Azelastine)
- Zaditor or Alaway (Ketotifen)
- Other medications that contain antihistamines
- Allegra (Fexofenadine)
- Astelin/Astepro (Azelastine HCL) nasal spray
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)
- Clarinex (Desloratadine)
- Claritin/Alavert (Loratadine)
- Chlor-Trimeton (Chlorpheniramine Maleate)
- Doxepin (Sinequan)
Inhalers, lung or nasal, or any medications for any other existing diagnosed illness are fine to continue using, per our physician’s instruction. If you are unable to stop taking antihistamines because of the severity of your symptoms, let the doctor know at the time of your appointment so that an alternative allergy test can be considered.
If skin testing is anticipated, please wear a sleeveless shirt or loose fitting sleeves which can be rolled up as test reagents will be placed on both upper and lower arms.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Insurance Card
- Referral from your primary care physician. (Dr. Weihong Zheng’s specialty is Allergy/Immunology – NPI # 1548 3546 32 –. Please have the referral faxed to 978-701-6021).
- Completed Clinical History Form, New Patient Registration Form, HIPAA, and Health Information Exchange Consent. Please bring a list of all of your current medications (including medication dosages), as well as any relevant past medical records with you.
- Copayment required by your insurance carrier must be paid at the time of your visit.
Please confirm with your insurance plan whether you are covered for the following codes 99204 or 99244 (Consultation), 94060 (Breathing Test), 95004 and 95024 (Skin Test). Please note, if you have not met your deductible, you will be responsible for the services provided.
The initial appointment takes approximately 2 hours, so please plan your time accordingly. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment for any reason, please inform us 48 hours in advance.
Please feel free to call our office if you have any questions.